Thursday, August 30, 2012

SAI to Split

Sometimes you just need a catalyst. I added SAI to my dividend portfolio back in March (clearly too early). It has languished and I am down 8% from my initial investment. But today they announced earnings and with the announcement they stated they will split into two companies, not really clear on how that will happen... But the stock is up 9% during happy hour. SAI is my eighth largest holding in my divided portfolio. Shame I did not add them to my new mfi portfolio.  I have had a buy order in on them since may 24th should the price drop to 9.43. Looks like I should have set the bar a bit higher as 10.50 was as low as they got and they are now pushing $13.

Funny,  I had placed three buy orders way back then in may, and while the SAI has not gotten filled, I just saw that Intel got filled today!  I often do that, place a buy order at ten percent below the current price in the event of a flash crash or something.  I got the INTC at 24.21... I guess that was about a five percent savings.


No comments: