Monday, August 20, 2012

Happy Monday

Hope everyone had a great weekend!  We certainly did.  We continue to explore New England and we went to Lenox MA and saw the Boston Pops at Tanglewood under the stars.  It was a fabulous evening.  But back to work today.

Decision Moose - I have mentioed several times that my favorite site for thinking about market direction is Decision Moose (love the title).  They shifted last week into bullish mode for S&P 500 and they have a pretty darned good 20 year track record.

Hussman Funds - another website I read every weekend is John Hussman.  He has been doom and gloom for a long time and he doesn't change this week (Confidence and Enthusiasm).  The problem with reading his blog is that I always feel like selling EVERYTHING immediately afterwards.

I did see there was a little M&A over the weekend.  Aetna is buying Coventry Healthcare.  Not sure if that has implications for MFI, but MFI has performed the best in the past 6 years in times of heightened M&A.  That is because many MFI stocks trade at a low EBITDA/EV atio which means they can be acquired and it be accretive.

I have almost finished the Steve Jobs biography.  I will say it is making me want to own more Apple products (I still use a blackberry) and to buy Apple stock.


No comments: