Friday, August 31, 2012

Solid August

Solid August. Last day was very good. My new mfi portfolio was up about 1.3%, helped by a strong move in nsu. I do not have my dividend number (I am heading on a three day holiday). The " surprise" purchase on intel worked well ( for the first day at least) as intel went up about three percent as they announced that new chips will be able to recharge devices wirelessly. It was funny, I had seen this news the day befor, so I am surprised it was "news" today.

SAI did not go up as much as I had hoped (about four percent), but still a gain is a gain... Just means my reinvested divvies will be getting new shaw cheaper. Finally, Fcx made a strong move as any basic resource stock worth it's salt was up over three percent as we begin to expect another jelly donut from chairman Ben.

No comments: