Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Jumping Back In

I have been out of the mfi space for about a year. That has given me time to lick my wounds and re-consider my approach. Today I have decided to start afresh. Those who read my blog know I have been toying with the idea of starting again with dividend stocks as they have done well.  At the end of the day, the listings of dividend stocks is simply too restricted for me.

I had published a couple of studies last week, trying to take subsets of the mfi list to see what has done well.  The answer was that larger cap has done better (say over 700 million) and then stocks with two or three letters in their tickers have done better.

Now of course, I do not think it is the fact that the stock has three letters in ticker that makes a difference, but I think that is another signal that mfi is doing okay for the less volatile, more established names.

My plan is to buy four tranches of five stocks per tranche throughout a year.  I will not make the mistake (as I did last time) of micromanaging the tranches.  Once picked they stay picked, irregardless of what happens until the anniversary date.  I think my experience/success on my dividend portfolio has taught me not to be so antsy.

So without further adieu, my first tranche is comprised of MSFT, KFY, NSU, UIS and DLB.  I will send out regular updates as the year progresses, with the intent to add another tranche in November.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Welcome back! I'm three weeks away from selling my first lot of seven purchased nearly a year ago.

Billy McCafferty
http://realworldmagic.wordpress.com/