Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Stock Market Contest

Not sure if anyone reads my blog that doesn't read the Yahoo MFI Groups board (magicformulainvesting : Magic Formula Investing). But I am sponsoring a stock picking contest and my readers here are certainly welcome to join. Here are the rules:

Thanks to everyone who has agreed to participate thus far in the 2010 Stock Contest. It is not too late to sign up. So far I show 27 players, vying for the Bermuda Hot Sauce and bragging rights. To be clear, it is entirely hypothetical, so no entry fee and a year of fun... such a deal!

Here are some basic ground rules:

  1. we will start the contest two weeks from today with the closing prices on Friday, May 14th.
  2. each player needs to send me 10 to 20 stocks. It would be very helpful to me if they are in a single row, separated by commas using the yahoo codes (so a .ob or .pk if needed). Here is an example: abc, md, dlx, bdsi, sva, ttt, wtw, endp, rtn, cbi, flr, dyai.pk
  3. I will (for scorekeeping) assume everyone starts with 100,000 and it will be distributed equally over all your stocks. If you really want more of a single stock, I will allow you to list it twice (but you will have to have at least 10 distinct stocks).
  4. All 100k is to be invested, you can not hold back cash.
  5. Dividends will be added to the ending stock price.
  6. If a stock is sold, you will be allowed to replace... after the sale closes.
  7. I will not accept second entries, it gets to confusing. So make sure the stocks you send me are the ones you want.
  8. The contest will end in 52 weeks, on the Friday (I believe May 13th 2011).
  9. The stock selections do not have to be on the official MFI lists. I would prefer that people stay within the MFI theme (ie no financials or utilities). The stocks do have to be on US stock exchanges.
  10. I am the final judge (sorry, not a democracy).
Here are the players I currently have, please let me know when you send me your stocks how you would like your name to appear in my listings:

1 pnichol
2 kitiany
3 Jeff P
4 Steve
5 AL
6 Claudia Markovich
7 efn123@yahoo.com
8 Jeff Camp
9 Joseph Doniach
10 nitin_xing
11 roberts1001
12 Ryan Hervey
13 Ted Wu
14 Timothy Koster
15 vairama@aol.com
16 Vilas
17 marshgerda
18 darrenjones
19 glennrimbey
20 JohnB
21 Kevin Duffy
22 rickywagner310
23 John Grelck
24 valueorama
25 darrenjones
26 glennrimbey
27 Richard Prout

No comments: