Monday, May 24, 2010

Live from New York...

Just spent a few days in the Big Apple kicking back a bit. Have had a great time not thinking about the stocks market or MFI. Went and saw West Side Story, walked across the Brooklyn Bridge and took a tour of NBC studios. Even bought a East Dillon Lions tee shirt from one of my favorite shows, Friday Night Lights.

As I mentioned a blog or two ago, I have three stocks coming up for sale. I will keep UEPS and UTA and will sell WILC at the end of this week. In addition, ODSY got an offer to be bought today at $27 a share (Gentiva Health plans nearly $1B Odyssey buy). So I have bought two stocks to replace ODSY and WILC. They are both stocks I have owned before in my MFI portfolio: CHKE and MRX. CHKE was bought as part of my stocks (Tortoise and the Hare) that showed the higher yielding stocks have out-performed. They have a 7% yield and an extremely efficient business model. Then MRX was bought today because of my mechanical approach, they were new to the screens this weekend.

I did get CHKE at about $19 when they dipped on Thursday's sell-off, I am hoping that ends up being a good price.

Gotta run!

No comments: