Saturday, July 21, 2007

VALU Earnings

VALU announced their earnings on Friday evening (Value Line, Inc. Announces Earnings). A little bizarre as few companies report on a Friday evening. While the press release was succinct, the earnings were very blase. I guess that is the point, VALU is about as dull a company as exists. I gotta believe the stock will take a hit on Monday. Oh well.

PDS has been doing a bit of a swan dive for me of late. It is odd. Back in June they were over $26 and now PDS trades at $23.56. I say it is odd because many drilling companies have done very well in the past 6 weeks. They do pay about a 12 cent per month dividend, so I can't see them going much lower.

HW is another troubled stock. It is down 31% since I renewed them in February. And in February it was down about 30% from 2006. It is definitely a "blue light" stock, though it seems stuck in reverse. Maybe $16.43 will be a low, though even Jubak has tossed in the towel. They are tied somewhat to construction, and that is not exactly a bull market.

Have a good one everyone!

No comments: