Monday, July 09, 2007

TGIS is My Kind of Chart....

No it isn't the Chairman of the Board, but TGIS today was my kind of stock. At 12:51 they released a brief commenting on a new contract with the Navy (Thomas Group awarded 5-year Navy contract; shares rally). Here is the chart. Seems like some people knew a little before 12:51!

I know I am biased, but with this contract in hand (five years!) I think TGIS is a screaming buy at $13.10. I suggest everyone do their own due diligence, but this is a $20 stock next year in my opinion. Dhandho anyone?

With the assist from TGIS, it was another superb day for my portfolio, up a snappy 0.81% whilst the benchmark lagged at 0.14%. Psst, I'll let you in on a little secret... it isn't just my MFI portfolio that has been cooking of late, my tracking portfolios from Nov, Dec, January and February are crushing the benchmarks. You can click on my marketocracy links in the left margin to see the extent of crush.

I did buy a replacement for ISNS. Footstar (FTAR), an OB stock that is ridiculously cheap. Cheaper than cheap. How cheap you ask? Well, their market cap is $88m while their ttm EBIDTA is $56m. That means that less than 2 years of earnings would be enough to buy the entire company. So they could theoretically pay a 50% dividend (not really, as they have to pay taxes, but you catch my drift). Dhandho anyone? I know, it is tempting. There is risk, they only have one or two customers, if they were to lose them it would not be so cool. But I will keep an eye (and a foot, ahem.) on this company! FTAR is not showing up on the lists right now, but I think that is because their financials are a bit whacky this quarter from paying a special $5 dividend earlier this quarter... wait that was about 50%! They should be back on lists after next quarter's financials (just like TGIS fell off for a while).

Other news:
WPCS gave guidance for FY 2008 (WPCS Announces Guidance for FY2008). Oddly, the market first thought it was terrific and the stock opened up 5%. Then the market thought it sucked, and it dropped 6% (11% from the high). After the dust settled, it was down 1.6%. I thought the guidance was positive, you have to remember there is little incentive to over-estimate.

PNCL announced their June traffic (Pinnacle Airlines' June Traffic Rises). Not sure what the analysts expected, but it sure looked strong to me!

Well, that is a wrap. I need to help my 9 year old son with some probability problems.

1 comment:

Travis said...

Hey MG!

I am totally with you on TGIS. I really appreciated your input when I bought it 3 weeks ago. I got in at 10.28 for a nice early gain.

As for the rest of the market, I have been noticing large gains daily for my MFI stocks over the benchmark for the last three weeks. I posted about that on the MFI forum about that and the only response I got was that it is only a short time frame and to not get excited. I'm glad someone else is seeing the same things as me.

I'm not sure I remember the last day I actually lost to the benchmark except for the day that MTEX tanked.

-Travis