Thursday, July 05, 2007

Huzza, Huzza!

Came back today and it seems my portfolio is (to steal a phrase from JC) "en fuego". I have stretched my lead over the benchmarks to 3%. That may be the largest lead I have had to date.

CHCG.OB - talk about your yo-yo stock! Up 14% today. Ironically (if you read my blog yesterday) I had them listed as one of my stocks for the MFI contest. Sadly, I mis-entered the transaction and did not get the benefit of the 14% move :(. You'd think as the administrator of the contest that I could "fix" things, but no. Still, I did make real money today, so hard to complain tooo much.

DGX - this has been a laggard stock for me since I bought them in February for $52.11. Right after I bought them, they dropped under 49. But today they went up over $3 and closed at $55 on buyout rumors (Quest Diagnostics options, shrs up on buyout talk)... bring it on!

ASEI - I was reading Smart Money today and they listed ASEI as a good investment for the next year. They must know what they're talking about as this isn't Money Magazine, but rather Smart Money Magazine.

Back to Dhandho Investor. I went to Gurufocus.com to see what stocks Pabrai is currently holding.

BRK
RAIL
DFC
CRYP
HNR
ABXA
FFH
IPS
PNCL

He has been adding to CRYP and HNR. RAIL is a new (and relatively small) position. ABXA and DFC are interesting companies. (I know all about FFH). I will definitely bookmark MP.

Ok, enough rambling. Anyone know where Huzza, Huzza! comes from? Finally 16 days before the Harry Potter finale.

No comments: