Thursday, May 03, 2007

Mind Your Ps

Two of my "P" stocks to discuss today.

PNCL - ends its first year with me as my best MFI stock. I don't have the exact numbers in front of me, but it'll end up over 140%. I will renew them as they are still easily on the list and I like their prospects. But I will pare back the shares to me new starting holding. I will have enough left over to buy another stock. I am leaning towards AEO. I wanted to buy a stock over $1b as my last series of stocks have been small caps. They seem to have a great strategy, same store sales steadily growing 10%+. Finally they have dropped in price recently (7.5% since I set up my Hit the Road Portfolio).

PACR - they announced their earnings this evening (UPDATE - Pacer quarterly profit falls nearly 44 percent). And despite lowering everyone's expectations, the numbers still seemed less than stellar. They dropped 90 cents after hours, we'll see what happens tomorrow. I did have the fortune to sell my PACR sidecar holdings today at lunch when they had gone up $1.30. It was a nice gain, offsetting some of the pain from IVAC earlier this week.

Tomorrow I promise to remember to post my weekly charts and graphs. Then my next two stocks come up for their anniversaries May 15th and 16th: FTO and CHKE. They have each done very well, have to pick two new winners!

No comments: