Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I Was Wrong

ASEI went up almost 10%. I was wrong. Nice. My portfolio has been making a little comeback over the past 5 days. AEO announced their earnings this morning (American Eagle Outfitters Reports Record EPS of $0.35 for First Quarter 2007, A 25% Increase).

The stock traded down 4% to $28.06. you can write this down: The stock is a steal at that price. TMF agrees with me (Loaded for Eagle). Think of it this way, when they were at $28.40 a week or two ago they were in the top 25 stocks. This quarter will hit the MFI calcs shortly.

  • sales up 17%
  • gross margin was 48.7%
  • authorized purchase of another 23m shares
  • Operating Income up 19% to 116m from 98m.
With the operating income up so much and the price depressed, they will certainly be a top 25 stock. And JG seems to have an affinity for retail. I think they traded lower due to guidance.

KSW did have a 5% stock dividend today. I had to think a bit about how to track a stock dividend in my system.

No comments: