Monday, April 23, 2007

Uneventful Day

Not much news today. Looking for a technical tip from my readers. I have 5 or 6 portfolios from the past 6 months in Marketocracy. Is there a way I can give people a link to see them?

FDG was supposed to report earnings tonight (Q1 2007 Fording Canadian Coal Trust Earnings Release - After Market Close). I never saw them, but I have low expectations. FDG has almost always disappointed.

EGY was up 18 cents today. It has really bounced back from its lows a month ago. On March 16th it closed at $4.61. It is now $5.80.

Interesting Financial Blog about OVTI (The Long Case for OmniVision: Like Buying a Dollar for Twenty Cents). Pretty says what I have said several times. They have a ton of cash and are dirt cheap. Sure I've lost 50% of my beginning value, but I am still long. It'll be a test of my belief in MFI though whether I renew my OVTI for another year at end of May and fill the tank with many more shares.

I see where coverage was intiated on HW by JPM (Coverage initiated on Headwaters by JP Morgan). It started at "neutral". I guess HW needs to do more banking business with JPM. (no, I am not THAT cynical... it was a joke). Ok, I'll keep the blog short, save a few electrons. Anyway, I need to see who won LA Apprentice! (gotta be the Donald's last season!).

1 comment:

jb said...

Regarding displaying portfolios from Marketocracy to the public, try the following:

1)log in to your account
2) select fund you want to display
3) select 'Public' from the pull-down list of options
4) find the URL under the 'Link to this page' heading
5) let other people know the URL and they can link directly to see the results of your portfolio [might be worth making into a tiny URL]

At least I think this will work. I have not tried it with my own portfolio previously. If it works you should be able to view one of my portfolios at the following tinyURL:
http://tinyurl.com/38koyk

I enjoy reading your blog very much and reading about your results and decisions that you make on such a 'frenetic' pace. I also have a MFI portfolio, but it is a relatively small portion of my net worth and I do not look at it too often, every few days to keep up with the news, and I only update my prices once a month. All of my selections are totally random from the top 50 list.

cheers and keep up the good work.
j