Sunday, April 22, 2007

Just Listed

I have decided to start a new tracking portfolio. I am calling it "Just Listed". It essentially uses the history JW sent to me of the 100 stocks > 1m back to May 31, 2006. I am defining a stock as "New to MFI" if it has not appeared on that list for the past year.

Logically it seems to me that if a stock is new to the list, that something must have happened to place it on the list. Either great quarterly earnings or a drop in price would get you on the list. I figure it may be like buying a home. Quite often houses that just come on the market are the most desirable. Perhaps the same holds true for MFI?

The 1st two stocks entering the portfolio will be WPCS and PDII. Stay tuned.

Quick catch up on a couple of other specialty tracking portfolios I started. My Blue Light Special Portfolio in Mid January (stocks that were down at least 15% from their price when previously on the MFI list and still on list) is up 10% vs the benchmark 4.6% (See image on left).

Then my Blue Light Special in Mid March is beating the benchmark IWV by a bit less that 1/2 a percentage point. (See image below):

No comments: