Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Bottoms Up!

Slow news day today. My stocks held up decently on a crummy day. PDS was up nicely and I have now made about 9% on them. I have expanded my lead over the Russell 3000 to over $5,000. But I have seen bigger leads evaporate.

Since little news today, the only news was what news will be coming up tomorrow... if you follow.

ANF - I had to laugh. They report same store sales tomorrow. Here is what an analyst said about expectations for ANF (it makes me happy as I like low expectations: "Abercrombie remains hampered by lack of bottoms business and sameness across concepts, in our view." What does that mean exactly? "Lack of Bottoms Business"? I guess they must only have tops.

LRCX - they report earnings tomorrow. Keep those fingers crossed.

Finally, my timing has been off of late, IVAC dove today. Not sure why, but the Blue Light Special approach would say (in Cramer terms) "Buy, buy, buy!" It has dropped from $27.94 to $24.23 since March 26th.

No comments: