Monday, April 30, 2007

Lead Balloon

Talk about the wheels falling off! Another bleak day. Now in the past two weeks I have given back about 18K of my gains... and I went from being 10K in front of the benchmark to over 10K behind. Yes, my confidence in the formula is shaken. To add fuel to the raging fire:

IVAC was down 10% in AH trading (Intevac sees Q2 earnings below Wall Street view). Their earnings didn't "seem" bad. I suppose it was their backlog. Some good news would be welcomed.

Tomorrow is my 1 year anniversary of TGIS. It is not exactly at its Zenith. I am up about 7% with dividends (I recall being up close to 50% at one time). I will sell tomorrow per the rules. I will likely add NOOF. I hope things get better, but I expect May to be a rocky month in the markets... sigh. Good thing my insurance stocks in my non MFI portfolio are doing well! AXS posted solid numbers this evening!

No comments: