Monday, April 09, 2007

Good News!

Wow, I had my best earnings report in what seems like eons. TGIS came through with some very solid numbers (Thomas Group 4Q Profit More Than Triples). The result? TGIS went up 10.7%. I think they still have a lot of upside as they have been over $16 a couple of times in past 52 weeks.

AVCI continues to burn the shorts. They were up another $1.07 today and are now up 51% since I bought them 2 months ago. I don't realistically expect them to go up parabolically (sp?), but I wonder if 14% is still short.

JTX was added first thing this morning at $28.70. Then my final move was to sell my sidecar holding of VRGY which did very very well under a month. I had a 1/3 of my sidecar in VRGY, so as I like to say, "even my feet are smiling!".

The net result of all this good news is that my MFI portfolio was up a shade over 1% while the Russell 3000 was up 0.17%.

AVCI is an interesting lesson. I bought them right after their year end earnings which catapulted them onto the MFI list. Do people think that a stock that jumps on the list suddenly like that is a stronger buy than those stocks that seem to have been on the list for the past year? There is something psychologically satisfying about a "new" stock rather than the warmed over old stocks. I don't know whether this would transform into better returns. Thoughts?

No comments: