Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Taxing Issue

Quick post tonight (I promise) as it is past my bedtime. It appears I bought JTX several days too early. They announced today that they would be discontinuing their program of loaning people their refund checks (Jackson Hewitt Ending Preseason Loans). It was an unsavory deal, as the loans were only for 3 or 4 weeks yet had what amounted to usury interest rates when you considered the fees. Still, it will likely cost JTX some revenue and profit. Thus they were down about 5% today.

That being said, it was a very solid day for my portfolio. I was up over a half percent, much better than the inidces which were up marginally. EGY was the big gainer, up about 7%. Cramer actually said he liked EGY (this was several days ago) at $5. I wonder if that halo is driving the stock a bit? If so, this would be the time to sell!

Finally, with the sale of VRGY from my sidecar yesterday, I used 1/2 the funds to buy IVAC this am at $25.65.

I will give more thorough updates later this week. I have been on the road and don't have access to anything more than what I keep in Yahoo! Finance.

Good night.

No comments: