Friday, April 22, 2016

Homeward Bound

Homeward Bound

I’m sittin in the railway station
Got a ticket for my destination
On a tour of one-night stands
My suitcase and guitar in hand
And every stop is neatly planned
For a poet and a one-man band

Homeward bound
I wish I was
Homeward bound
Home, where my thought’s escaping
Home, where my music’s playing
Home ,where my love lies waiting
Silently for me

I am sure there are great songwriters today, but for my generation guys like Paul Simon and Bob Dylan were the gold standard.  And after a week in Switzerland, I too am homeward bound this morning.  It was a good week here. After Monday, every day has been picture perfect Spring.  People out walking by the lake,  sitting at outdoor cafes, riding bikes... even paddle boarding (though I imagine the mountain fed lake is chilly).  I don't know if I could live anywhere in Europe, but I do think I could live here.

Great Week (So Far)

I had another very strong day in the markets yesterday.  CBI, a stock that I have been considering adding in my upcoming May tranche, popped 7.6% on good earnings/outlook (CB&I Reports First Quarter Results).  VIAB popped 13.8% on news they renewed contract with DISH (Viacom shares soar after deal to renew Dish contract).  QCOM did drop a bit on weak earnings. I still  like them longer term (Qualcomm Slips: Intel Threat, iPhone Softness Overshadow FYQ2 Results).

On the week,

  • LCI is up 10.5%, 
  • CBI +9.8%
  • GNW +9.5%
  • BAC WTA +12.9%
  • PSDV +9.5%
  • VIAB +11.2%
  • SJT +15.2%
  • DEPO +10.8%
  • Overall +2.4% whilst R3K is just 0.5%
Upcoming Tranche

Looking forward, here are stocks I am considering: RPXC, AGX, UTHR, TSRA, ASPS (very speculative), EFOI (small), BRCD, IQNT, BLBD,  FLR, CBI and AMAG.

No comments: