Monday, March 04, 2013

Bought Back Into GTAT

I decided today to buy back into GTAT.  I bought my shares at $2.73. Recall I sold shares in mid-February at $3.64.  I do not feel that much has changed.  They had poor year-end earnings, but that was pretty much known.  So I am bottom feeding a bit.  They have over $1 net cash (after debt) per share and they expect to make between 25 and 45 cents a share in 2013 (assuming they do not get cancellations of already booked orders).  I am willing to wait.

GNW spiked almost 7% today.  I think the world is FINALLY starting to wake up to the reality that mortgage insurance is on the rebound.  Both MTG and RDN were also up about 9%. I think GNW is the best of the bunch.  Even on fast money, they were saying GNW still has room to run.  As GNW is my single largest personal investment, let us just say I am cheering them onward and upwards.

Gold has been the thorn in the side of my portfolio of late. NSU, FCX, NEM and NUGT have all dropped a lot of late.  I guess it is fair to say I was early.  I do not have any short term plans to bail, but between the potential unwinding of QE3 and concern about a Chinese implosion certainly has gold and commodity ramifications.

Speaking of commodities, I am getting closer to adding to my STO.  Probably another $1 drop into the twenty threes and I am in.  I just like the idea of Norwegian Oil. It feels safe.

No comments: