Tuesday, March 19, 2013

ABC - Easy as 1,2,3

C'mon! Sing it with me! Do, Re Mi.....

It is funny.  Sometimes the best investements are the quiet ones. The dependable ones. The ones that just keep making money. In good times and in bad times. When I bought stocks for my Novemeber tranche, I bought ( generally) stocks that I felt were defensive in nature. We were heading towards the fiscal cliff and I was worried, like many other investors.   That tranche has largely under performed, up 10.8% versus the Russelll 3000 (high flyer) up 16.6%.

One of my best stocks has been ABC. They are a middleman between pharmaceuticals and drug stores. They are up 20.6% since I bought them (which seems very good, except the index is up so much).  They just announced today that they are going into a distribution deal with Walgreens and that Walgreens is actually taking a stake in ABC. The stock is up over six percent in early trading. Sweet!  Wish I owned more!

No comments: