Saturday, September 12, 2009

Pretty Good Week

I had a solid week despite being more and more in cash (now at 21%). I didn't sell any full positions, but I trimmed a bit as the healthcare debate and Jim Chanos spooked me a bit regarding my relatively outsized pharma/med holdings (PFE, FRX, CMED, ENDP and AMED). Jim Chanos is probably the smartest short seller out there and he said on CNBC that he saw healthcare margins shrinking in the future... pretty much across the board.

As you can see in my itd graph below, I still haven't gotten to breakeven, but it is a possibility by year-end (there will be a party). I have had 7 straight up days, not sure how long that can last.

UTA +35%
CBI +19%
WH +17%
CEU +14%
CMED +21% and
KHD +12% all in past 7 trading days. It is not lost on me that all of these are not US companies. I do think with the dropping of the US dollar, these stocks are all more attractive.

I may add a stock on Monday as AMED had a strong first week for me (up about 10%). If nothing new comes on, I may buy jcom. We'll see.


No comments: