Monday, September 21, 2009

Lucky 13?

My portfolio was up for the 13th straight day, despite a sideways day in the market. We were helped out by CMED going up about 12% on heavy volume. We also did add Weight Watchers at the beginning and watched them move up almost a dollar (I know, it is my "halo" effect).

My comment about small biotechs last week was prophetic as CYTK shot up another 20% on no noticeable news.

asic ChartGet Basic Chart(s) for:


Cytokinetics, Incorporated (NGM) Edit
Range:1d 5d 3m 6m 1y 2y 5y max Type:Bar | Line | CandleScale:Linear | LogSize:M | L
Compare:CYTK vs S&P Nasdaq Dow
Want more control over the chart? Try our Interactive Chart.
Chart for Cytokinetics Inc. (CYTK)


A strange chart! I'd suggest someone knows something. More than 10x normal trading volume.

Finally, I noticed that the M&A activity continued today, with DELL making an offer for Perot (Dell eyes tech services with $3.9B deal for Perot) Systems. Hmm, HP bought EDS not long ago, now DELL. Who is next? Apple? Lenovo? IBM? Stay tuned for more small to mid-cap companies getting bought as bigger companies chase relatively cheap growth from the stock exchange.

No comments: