Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Type(o)?

Darn it! I hate it when being greedy costs me. With my analysis of the 4 new stocks to my mechanical portfolio this weekend, I had decided to buy TYPE. On Monday I put in an order to buy about a nickel below where it was (I think $3.75 or $3.70). It never got filled. Then Tuesday they announced very good earnings (Monotype Imaging Announces First Quarter 2009 Results) and are up essentially 48% this week. That is the 2nd time that has happened to me in two weeks, The other time was GTLS, which I tried to get around $12 and is now north of $19. I will say the MFI stocks seem to be popping pretty regularly on their earnings.

One stock I do own and had strong earnings today was CKSW (ClickSoftware Reports 13% Revenue Growth and 18% Operating Margin for the First Quarter Ended March 31, 2009). They went up 20% today which was very nice.

CHCG has also been on an absolute tear in my portfolio, which is enfuego despite a few missed opportunities. Since April 1st they have gone from 89 cents to $1.69.

Another Chinese stock, QXM, reports earnings next week. I am as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs as I wait. I do have quite a few shares, with a big slug bought at $1.83 (now at $2.99).

I am also watching CMED quite closely. It is not on any MFI screens that I have seen, but they look great (recommended by Jubak and currently just north of $20). Here are their stats when I run through my screen:



cmed
+ Operating Income After Depreciation 76.87
- Minority Interest - Income Account -
= Income for Calculation 76.87

Market Cap Yahoo 662,350

Share Price 20.63
+ Market Cap Calc 662.35
+ Preferred Capital -
+ Debt in Current Liabilities -
+ Long-Term Debt 426.00

Cash and Short-Term Investments 284.88
- Excess Cash 146.75
= Enterprise Value 941.60






+ Property Plant and Equipment - Net 23.72
+ Receivables 41.67
+ Inventories 4.11
+ Other Current Assests 34.09
+ Working Cash 138.13
- Accounts Payable 3.10
- Current Liabilities - Other 214.89
= Invested Capital 23.72
Earnings Yield 8%
ROIC 324%

Not super cheap, but they have grown revenues 50% in past year. We'll see, i am waiting for a pullback, which I am starting to think may never happen.

No comments: