Friday, May 08, 2009

New Tranche

I added 4 stocks to my MFI portfolio today.

1. RST - this is Rosetta Stone. Hard to watch TV without seeing their ads. They have great numbers though and announce earnings on Monday. They only went public a couple weeks ago, and generally when a company has just gone public, they try very hard not to disappoint new investors.

2. CMED - this is not officially on the list, but has many qualities that would place it on list with adjustments. Jubak likes them and they have rapid/profitable growth.

3. HCKT - this is a consulting firm that has been in my mechanical screen for some time, but has gone nowhere. They have a ton of cash and seem like a good risk/reward candidate.

4. QXM - I added shares in front of next week's earning report.

I am also keeping a close eye on AIRV, I may add them next week. They also have a ton of cash and seem to be doing pretty well through the muck.

My portfolio is now up over 100% from its lows last November when I was down 60%. If you're good at math, you know that means I am now down 20%... not great, but a lot of ground has been regained. TC was the huge winner for me. I bought most my shares in the mid 3s and it closed right at $8 today.

More later this weekend.

No comments: