Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Sidecar Stocks Sidelined

Another solid day for my MFI portfolio, despite a so-so day in the market. I am getting close to my greatest margin over the benchmark (set on May 12th). Woo-hoo!

I did use the upswing today to sell 60% of my sidecar. Gone are HW, EGY & ASPV. I made a little dinero on the group (actually did quite well on HW) but I feel the market is getting a bit toppy and wanted some cash for purchases down the road. So all I have in sidecar now are OVTI & RAIL. My sidecar is now up an astonishing $25,000! Considering I rarely have more than 50K invested that is phenomenal in only 6 months. I may consider ways to funnel a little more $ to sidecar holdings, which I will only do in my IRA.

The one stock I am keeping a close eye on for sidecar potential is SHOO. It has really taken a beating (down 16%) since I started following it in January for no good reason I can see and during an upbeat market. Strange.

ANF appears to have had poor earnings as they're down about $3 in post-dusk trading (Abercrombie & Fitch profit jumps 20%; tempers forecast). If it drops too much, I may have to re-consider whether I should sell when it comes up for me in about 10 days.

Enough blogging. I am going to see if the female singer on AI are any better than the men. G'night!

No comments: