Friday, February 09, 2007

Off Skiing

Yes, Skiing is one of the few words (a little trivia) with consecutive "i"s. Can you name another? Leave it as a comment. The family heads off tomorrow, so I will likely not be blogging for a few days.

Kind of a funky day. I did buy my final sidecar stock near the close, RAIL as it dropped to $53. That makes my sidecar holdings: ASPV, HW, OVTI, EGY & RAIL.

TMF had an uplifting article on HW (I Love Headwaters). They never seem to help though. It does make me feel better in a bizarre way.

I don't think I'll get a chance this week to publish my snappy weekly graphs and charts. It was a decent week though, despite the funky finish. I think I have about a $3,000 cushion on the benchmark.

ASEI announced their earnings today (American Science Shares Down on Earnings). I guess the market was unimpressed as the stock fell 4%.

BBSI did go up 40 cents, so the market was happy (a little bit) with their earnings from last night.

I did see where Ichan has put together a deal to buy Lear. JG had a huge position in in Gotham Fund in Lear and surely made a bunch of money. I have said it before and I'll say it again... if you see JG buying something, it is a good idea to jump in. I did it on CLE and was quite pleased. I think the last time I looked, JG was buying WMT. Guess it can't stay flat forever.

Have a great week everyone! If you're on the slopes in NH watch out! I'm not very good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wii (two consecutive i's)