Tuesday, December 05, 2006

We Have a New Leader!

All I can say is, "wow". ASEI went up another $4 today.It is now up about 51% from my purchase price of $45.85. ASEI is actually my newest MFI stock. With ASEI, BLDR & BBSI I had bumped up my intial investment as I plan to try and start paring back to 20-25 stocks over next 12 months. Those 3 stocks have really been a key in my recent run of late. Once again I beat the benchmark, up 0.92% vs 0.42 for IWV.

I read my monthly International Investing newsletter from Vivian Lewis today. She had some good thoughts about the change in Canadian Tax laws tha impacted stocks like FDG last month. She argues that the 20 to 30% haircuts these stocks have taken is overblown. That many have yields approaching 20% (FDG is about 13%) and that in the 4 years before the law takes effect you can recoup much of your capital investment in dividends and will likely come out ahead.

ORCT has also had a great run for me. It closed today only a few cents in the red. This is a stock I bought at $11.83. At one point it fell to $6.85 and is now $11.77. All this without any really news. Just think if ORCT announces a contract!

I did look at my split of large stocks vs small stocks. The small stocks so far are smoking my large stocks... basically about 10% to 3%.

BLDR spiked over 8% today. I don't really know why. Finally EZEN got up to $2.00. Remember I bought EZEN at $2.84. I added a bunch more in my side car when it sank to $1.39. I did the math and when EZEN gets above $2.09 I'll be in the black overall.

Take care!

No comments: