Saturday, December 16, 2006

Santa Claus Rally

Another solid day, though I did lose ground this week to the benchmark. Oh well. Lots of stuff going on with my holdings.
  • PNCL - Article confirmed my thoughts about selling PNCL (Regional Airlines May Suffer in Mergers). Are mergers amongst the legacy carriers bad for the regional carriers? I mean the flights will still be needed, but the legacy carriers would have greater negotiating positions. I would expect some regional carriers to merge as well. I almost sold PNCL, but I am still holding. Heck, it is still an MFI stock even with the 60% run up.
  • MTEX - got added to S&P Small Cap 600 at end of Friday (Standard & Poor's Announces Changes to U.S. Indices). This is invariably worth 5% for about a week.
  • KG - lost a court case with Elan (King to Pay Elan $49.8 Million). It'll cost them $49m which is about 1/2 of a typical quarter earnings. I have to admit that I am getting titred of KG. They seem to have bad news pretty regularly.
  • TGIS - (Thank God It's Saturday) had really been moving up the leaderboard. In December it has gone from $12.83 to $15.33. No idea why, though it has always seemed subject to 5% swings. Has been on light volume. Again, if I were a day trader, this would be a time I'd sell.
Here is my weekly graph:

No comments: