Thursday, December 28, 2006

Shall We Orct?

I was so excitied when ORCT climbed above $11 a few eeks ago and I was actually in the black for a nano-second or two. It went up for no reason that I could fathom... and since then it has gone back down.

Here is the chart... it is real time, so in a month in won't be as meaningful, but I like the direct copy graphics more:

ORCKIT COMM LTD (NasdaqGM) Edit
Range:1d 5d 3m 6m 1y 2y 5y max Type:Bar | Line | CdlScale:Linear | LogSize:M | L
Compare:ORCT vs S&P Nasdaq Dow
Chart
Chart

At least it isn't down as far as it was. Seems like a semi-random walk. Where do you think it'll go next?

I have managed to avoid the temptation to sell some of my big losers (like OVTI & FDG) for tax purposes. We'll see how that plays out in 2007.

I did read SmartMoney Magazine today on my return flight from NYC. Almost a year ago was when I read in SMM about TLBBTBTM. Ironically, in the mag today they did a hindsight look on their various magazines through 2006. They said that the 7 stocks they profiled in the Feb 2006 magazine from selecting the MFI stocks were their best picks of the entire year. They said the picks didn't just beat the market, they "shellacked" the market. By a margin of 28%!

Are you a believer yet? I am! Cue the Monkees (re-made famous by a green ogre):

I thought love was only true in fairy tales

Meant for someone else but not for me.

Love was out to get me

That's the way it seemed.

Disappointment haunted all my dreams.


Then I saw her face, now I'm a believer

Not a trace of doubt in my mind.

I'm in love, I'm a believer

I couldn't leave her if I tried.


I thought love was more or less a given thing,

Seems the more I gave the less I got.

What's the use in tryin'?

All you get is pain.

When I needed sunshine I got rain.


Then I saw her face, now I'm a believer

Not a trace of doubt in my mind.

I'm in love, I'm a believer

I couldn't leave her if I tried

No comments: