Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Took More Lumps Yesterday

Monday was another out-sized down day for me.  At lunch I was down the most I had been down in a single day since August of 2011.  Things did rally a bit for me in the afternoon, but still a lousy day.  Maybe it is because I have gotten a bit older, but it does not bother me the way it used to.  I have done my homework on my stock picks, and just because Mr Market goes nuts from time to time does not change that.

I am keeping focused on my dividend/income stream, which is as strong as ever, despite the drop in my portfolio (I am now down about 7% from my all-time high).  I put in a bunch of buy orders yesterday, generally stocks that I already own, looking for some bargains.  I did buy one stock yesterday, HIG-WT   This is a tarp warrant security on Hartford (HIG).  I got them for $19.20.  I will continue to watch that Tarp Warrant space.  If we continue to sell-off, I like the PNC and CMA warrants along with the HIG and BAC I already own.  I have a tranche of cash in my account dedicated to those (I do not want too much as they are leveraged already).

So here are my open orders:

LYB - 57.65
MRK - 40.91
PNC - 64.86
STO - 19.07
TGONF - 9.65
KKR - 15.80
NSC - 63.79

These are all for my dividend portfolio and are all 5 to 10% below current prices.  Not sure I would buy all of them, so if I get a few hits, I may drop a couple other orders.

Happy Tuesday!  Full fledged heat wave here in New England!

No comments: