Friday, June 28, 2013

EOQ

Looks like another quarter comes to a close today. While it had it's ups and downs, it looks virtually flat at the end. I am up 0.56%! On the year, I am up 12.2%, which is trailing Russell 3000 by a couple points. Obviously not where I want to be on a relative basis, but still overall happy with 12.2%. A least I have not totally screwed it up!

I continue to sit with a bunch of cash, about 21%. Pretty pleased with portfolio in total, though I may trim a couple stocks in July (PGR hits a year for me and is fully valued in my opinion and HILL is a very speculative play for me).

On weakness, I may look to buy more TARP warrants in my longer term account. I have bought BAC and HIG in the quarter and will look to add to those positions. I definitely want to add a little diversity to portfolio, am thinking about banks and pharmaceuticals.

In the third quarter I will have August 2012 MFI tranche ready to rollover. It is up just 8.5% (DLB, KFY, MSFT, NSU and UIS). I may likely not expand my names in MFI, but add to names I already have. A thinking in August about AAPL, NSU, MSFT, KLIC, CYOU and CF from current holdings. Other stocks. Am thinking about include BAH, ABT and FLR.

With my recent buys, my expected annual dividends from dividend portfolio (using my secret multiplier) has topped 60,000 and is a 5.7% yield (adding CIM, AOD and TRCD have definitely juiced expected returns). That is starting to be real money, even if bond rates start to rise.

No comments: