Monday, June 17, 2013

Three Headlines

A few weeks ago I commented on the worthlessness of an article about PVD (saying it was "undervalued" when it had been bought by MetLife and had no upside). Had another great one today.

UIS Dividend

The Street.Com had this brilliance about the UIS dividend (4 Stocks Going Ex-Dividend Tomorrow: HRZN, UIS, SEAS, SWY).  Of course the problem with this headline is that UIS does NOT pay a dividend.  It is actually illustrated in their write-up (indirectly):

"Owners of Unisys Corporation (NYSE:UIS) shares as of market close today will be eligible for a dividend of 25 cents per share. At a price of $20.87 as of 9:35 a.m. ET, the dividend yield is 0%."

So which is it? A 25 cent dividend or 0%??? Inquiring minds want to know.

NSU Guidance

When I saw this headline from NSU (Nevsun Completes Copper Expansion Project and Announces Updated Guidance for 2013) this morning.  I mistakenly thought it was good news as theflyonthewall.com made it sound good (Nevsun Resources raises FY13 gold production view to 110K ounces).

NSU dropped almost 9%.  It was NOT good news (per the ever so wise market).  I do not know what to make of NSU.  By a lot of approaches, they are ever so cheap.  But then I see their CFO resigning after less than 6 months on the job (Nevsun CFO Resigns) and I scratch my head and lose faith.

KFY Has Solid Earnings

KFY is one of my MFI stocks from last August and was a play on improving employment picture in the states (they are executive placement firm).  They announced after the bell this evening (Korn/Ferry reports strong 4Q on improved revenue).  They were up almost 5% on the day and up another 4% or so during happy hour trading.  If they hold those gains, they will be up about 34% since I bought them.

KLIC Buy Order

I had put in a buy order a week or so ago for KLIC at 11.15.  It got pretty close today.  Another day like today and I will own a lot more KLIC.

No comments: