Thursday, April 11, 2013

Sold My GTAT

Well, I sold my GTAT yesterday.  It was a very successful trade. I owned them for just over a month and made 25%.  Of course, after I sold them, they went up another 4% today.  I think deciding when to sell a stock is one of the most difficult decisions in investing.

I also added a bit to my NEM position as Gold Miners continue to be under pressure.

Everything continues to be very green.  I have 4 stocks go x dividend today: FCX, SAI, JQC and BHK.  Using my multiplier, that is $1,400 of cash coming my way.  As I mentioned, I have turned off some DRIPs, so I will get the cash, which strangely feels cool.  I have actually built in these past couple of years a very steady stream of dividend income. Not saying I can retire on it alone, but it will be a substantial leg of my retirement stool.  I will publish a chart of quarterly dividend income over the weekend.

No comments: