Tuesday, April 23, 2013

AAPL and UIS

Well, earnings season kicked off for me tonight. At first I thought I was one fer two, but now I am thinking I have two strikes. UIS was a mess. This is one crazy stock, and after I have owned for my promised year I will never own again. Their earning are extremely volatile and their balance sheet is a mess. I do not even think they would be solvent if they shut their doors today. I am not sure what possessed me to buy them Argh!  They lost seventy seven cents on the quarter and skimming through the release, I did not see any thing resembling positive. This was the stock that spurted on last quarter's earnings from 17 to 24. It looks like they are about to make that a round trip.

AAPL seemed pretty solid to me and signaled they were going to start to share some of that cash hoard with us stockholders. But after trading up as much as 5% during happy hours (which woul likely more than offset tomorrows UIS fiasco), they seem to have flattened out.

Otherwise, I had a pretty solid day, up over a percent.  I am in transit, so do not have exact figures ( back in New York, which is e coming my home away from home).  We will see what tomorrow brings, though it is so busy at work that I will probably not get a chance to sneak a peek.

No comments: