It is easy to say that as I sold a chunk of my portfolio June 29th and the market has been up since then that that cost me. But that is not the case. As I have documented numerous times (and can be seen in MagicDiligence performance in 2010) the MFI system hasn't been all that hot throughout the year.
- The stocks I sold on that date (it was over 60% of my portfolio) are down 5.4% since then.
- The stocks I kept have fared a bit better... down 3.2%.
- The stocks I have bought since then are essentially flat.
- And finally I am still 21% in cash.
I do not know what I will be doing with my cash. I am still trying to move more towards dividend plays. Possible stocks down the road include:
- more INTC,
- HRB (worth the risk?)
- DLX (not sure why I struggle pulling the trigger)
- more CHKE or UNTD
- I have trouble buying ELNK or USMO, though every time I look at USMO I am astounded by it.
- Possibly a defense stock, RTN, GD or LMT (probably my favorite)?
- SGU should they drop