Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Another Chinese Crash...

UTA was down over 30% at one point today as a blogger/hedge fund made allegations that they are a "fraud". While some of the recent crashes have been for good reason, in my opinion this one was simple fear. Can't say I blame people, but I struggle with their comments that the websites force you to drive 1,000 miles to get your ticket. I used the opportunity to buy a ton at $3.33. We'll see how it works. MagicDiligence commented that the official website has stopped listing the Chinese hybrids. I had not noticed that, but I have been following less closely of late. Probably makes sense. (note - I just checked and SCEI and NEWN are on the list, so I am not so sure Chinese hybrids are removed. It could be they reported earnings in mid/late August and the financials have not been updated).

I did have one other new buy today. I bought MAIL, which per my independent work of attempting to recreate the lists was like the 3rd or 4th best stock out of about 3,000. It is a small Israeli firm and I bought in at $6.10. I also like that they pay dividends as my studies (thus far) have shown that MFI stocks that pay dividends > 2.4% way outperform since January 2006.

Here are the stats for MAIL:



mail
+ Operating Income After Depreciation 11.85
- Minority Interest - Income Account -
= Income for Calculation 11.85

Diluted Shares Outstanding 9.761

Share Price 6.25
+ Market Cap Calc 61.01
+ Preferred Capital -
+ Debt in Current Liabilities -
+ Long-Term Debt -

Cash and Short-Term Investments 27.08
- Excess Cash 27.08
= Enterprise Value 33.93






+ Property Plant and Equipment - Net 1.21
+ Receivables 2.56
+ Inventories -
+ Other Current Assests 5.67
+ Working Cash -
- Accounts Payable 0.81
- Current Liabilities - Other 6.75
= Invested Capital 1.88
Earnings Yield 35%
ROIC 631%

1 comment:

MagicDiligence said...

Good luck on UTA Marsh. I think you probably got a good price on it. Ultimately, I've realized they are just not the kind of stocks I want to recommend or hold. It is too much friction to fight the shorts and negative news. Nobody really knows the truth, although it still seems unlikely that such a ruse as the shorts suggest could survive for so long.