Monday, September 17, 2007

Vindicated

I have felt vindicated with CHCG bouncing back $1 in the past two trading days to $4.45. I did increase my holdings by 50% on the way down with average price of $3.13. That is outside my MFI account though. They did have a conference call this morning to discuss their outlook. If I can free up some time tomorrow, I will try and give it a listen (China 3C Group Announces Conference Call September 17).

PNCL was actually profiled by Barron's. Didn't exactly get a primo Barron's Bounce, but always nice to see them like a stock you own (Little Giant).

VALU announced earnings after the bell on Friday. They seemed pretty ho-hum. They focused on how much BV has increased Y o Y, but said little about the quarter (Value Line, Inc. Announces First Quarter Earnings). Then again VALU press releases are pretty minimalist. They don't even format the numbers into neat columns. I doubt they have anyone who knows HTML.

EGY announced they're buying back stock (VAALCO Energy, Inc. Authorizes Stock Buy Back Program). Seems to me they don't have a better use for their cash. I guess it is a good thing, though not exactly building more bubble gum stands.

No comments: