Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Big Day

I don't need to tell people the stock market rocketed today. My portfolio was up almost exactly with the averages. I did get bad news on one stock:

NXG - I hate it when a headline acts like the news isn't bad (Review Panel Submits Recommendation Report for Northgate's Kemess North Project). But it is the lack of good news in the headline that makes you worry. Let us just say the recommendation wasn't positive. It caused the stock to tumble 9%. That made it the 14th worst stock today. Anti-hooray.

I am completing a revamp of the ongoing MFI stock contest. Stay tuned for some better stats etc.

Despite the NXG flameout, I had a good day. The best stock was THO, up over 9%. Interesting, no idea why it'd be my best stock. It certainly didn't drop as much as some others. Any theories? I can see interest rate drop being positive for an RV manufacturer. I wonder if others went up? WGO went up 6.8%.

No comments: