Wednesday, May 16, 2018

The Good Guys Take The Lead

The Good Guys Take The Lead

When I was a student at IU, our head coach was Lee Corso (yes, that Lee Corso).  We were (and still are) not a football powerhouse.  As you can see from the pix on the left, Corso had a photographer take a picture of the scoreboard showing in the 2nd quarter we were beating Ohio State: 7-6.

You need to celebrate your victories.  If you read the caption, you'll see IU ended up losing 47-7, which was pretty typical in those days.  Woodie Hayes (or whoever the coach was then), probably didn't appreciate the photo op.

So this week, I have passed the blended benchmark index I measure my portfolios against.  We will see (fingers crossed) if it holds through the weekend.  CSCO reported earnings tonight that is moving stock down.  But more importantly, I have TK, TGP, TOO and SLSDF all reporting tomorrow.  Combined those 4 holdings are about 7% of all my tracked holdings.  So, like Lee Corso, I am taking a picture.  Hopefully this is not a harbinger of final score being 47-7!


 Component   YTD   2nd Quarter   Week Change 
 Overall  +0.8% +3.8% +0.9%
 MFI Select  -1.9% -3.6% +2.2%
 MFI Formula  +4.2% +2.9% -0.0%
 MFI Combined  +1.0% -0.5% +1.1%
 Miscellaneous  -0.4% +9.9% +1.0%
 Dividend  +1.2% +4.4% +0.7%
 Dividend Index  -3.0% +0.7% -0.6%
 R3K Index  +2.7% +3.5% -0.1%
 Blended Index  +0.2% +2.2% -0.3%
 MFI Index  +11.7% +4.6% +0.6%
 GARIX  -0.5% -0.6% -0.3%


Note YTD overall I am +0.8%.  The blended Index is 0.2% as the Dividend Index continues to struggle in rising rate environment.

OMER has been exciting. Monday and Tuesday I was kicking myself for selling 1/3 of position post previous week run up, as OMER was up 20% more.  But today, it gave most of it back (yes, I should have sold Tuesday instead, but I have a foggy crystal ball).

Full write up Saturday.


No comments: