Monday, April 21, 2014

Third Straight Solid Day

Up nicely for the third straight day today. Up almost 80 basis points, really assisted by GTAT going up 3.8%. I did add to my RIOM position (about a 40% increase in shares) at 1.87.

I did see where GTAT announces their earrings on May 7th. That should be interesting to see if they give a little more transparency on what to expect in 2014 and 2015.  A others exciting stock recently has been SYNA (manufacturer of touch screens).  I bought them in November at $48 (what a bargain). They got as high as $65 in late February. Then when everything on the Nasdaq sold off a week or two ago, they closed at $55.88 on 4/11.  Now, just 10 days later they closed at 65.63,  a 17% gain - on really no news that I have seen.  Digging deeper, there is a very large short interest on SYNA. So when they start to go up, I expect the shorts get a little nervous.

No comments: