Tuesday, April 29, 2014

KLIC Comes Through

Busy time of the quarter for earnings. Yesterday, CYOU had their earnings. They seemed mediocre at best to me, but the stock traded up $1.30 on Monday. But today they have given back 34 cents of the gain. Frankly, I am counting down the days until I can sell this from my May 2013 MFI tranche (although it has not been a disaster, down 6%).

KLIC reported this morning and I was very, very pleased with their earnings report. They bumped up the upcoming quarters expected revenue by about 10%. I still believe my wider hypothesis with KLIC will hold - they will do something positive with excess cash and they will start riding increased CAPEX cycle. Still a $16 to $18 stock in next 12 months in my eyes. I have them in two MFI tranches and as a discretionary holding. I will have to think long and hard about selling the May 6th 2013 tranche.

Tonight GNW and RPXC report earnings. They are both outsized holdings (like KLIC) for me, so it will impact how I do tomorrow. Yesterday was a very poor day, but I am recouping most of those losses today.

I am still thinking about May 2014 MFI tranche. AAPL and LO are starting to run away a bit. I had been thinking about COH, but they just had a stinker of a quarter. Stay tuned, it will likely be a M ay 5th decision.

On a personal note, I go in for surgery on my ACL on May 8th. I may be a little more prolific as I will be at home for a week or so. On the other hand, I may be incomprehensible as I will be on some pretty strong meds.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope you have a speedy recovery and take care!!!