Thursday, January 03, 2013

Quickie Update

I am drinking my New Year Resolution smoothie that is supposed to help me shed a few pounds.  I can see why it will help as it isn't exactly tasty and is the color of vomit! (Pears, Prunes, Peaches, Vanilla Greek Yogurt and a dash of ginger for those wanting to play along at home).

In yesterday's huge up-day, I did make two trades in my Dividend Portfolio.  As I mentioned, I sold Microfoft.  The final tally was I gained 7% on MSFT while the Russell 3000 climbed 18% in the same stretch.  I bought CIM, a REIT that yields 13% as a replacement.  So the yield of my dividend portfolio is now 4.7%.

Finally, I did double my position in SD when I saw Leon Cooperman and Prem Watsa had been actively buying more

 Leon Cooperman: We've Been Buying Freeport-McMoRan, But Selling Apple
Prem Watsa Keeps Buying Up SandRidge

No comments: