Monday, November 12, 2012

Making a List...

For the past four to five months I have been a net seller. Primarily I have been selling stocks from my dividend portfolio, but I have also sold some other stocks (such as GTAT).

As I mentioned in my previous posting, I re-bought TROX today, down about 21% from where I sold it.  Who knows if it was a good idea to re-buy?  Time will be the judge.  But I am better off net net for having made the sell/buy transaction.

With that setting, I took a look at the other dividend stocks I have sold on the way down: LNC, SBS, PM, FCX, KSS and WBK. Al of them except WBK are lower than when I sold them.  S I made a list of what prices I would like to buy these stocks back at, should the market sell-off further. I still like all these companies, so it is really just a question of price. (The one company I sold that I no longer like is CPL, the Brazilian utility that is having their rates regulated by the govt).

Generally, I would be tempted should a stock price move down another ten percent. A coule of the more less defensive companies (KSS, FCX and WBK), I would require a larger drop.  PM is the reverse, I would require a smaller drop.

I then put in buy orders a the lowered prices and now I will largely sit back. I have set up a little Yahoo tracking portfolio to see how they are all doing versus my target price. LNC was in the news today, they actually increased their dividend fifty percent and are starting to get very interesting.

No comments: