Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Two Adds and One Buy

I have done a little shopping the past couple of days for my dividend portfolio.

TROX - this is a stock I have owned for almost a year. They pay a 4.4% dividend and have sold off fifteen percent since mid August. I think their recent merger and moving offshore will enhance their longer term profitability, though they d have some shorter term headwinds as the price of titanium oxide drops a bit.

SAI - when they reported earnings 15 days ago and announced they were going to split into two parts, the stock quickly spiked to 12.80.  The stock has dropped a buck and I had put in a buy order at 11.80, which was filled today.

QCOR - my final dividend stock is a bit risky, perhaps. QCOR is a former stock I owned (and sadly sold too early, though I did well). They make an orphan drug, meaning that there are not other viable options. They have charged quite a bit for this drug, I think like sixty or seventy thousand. They are getting pushback from Aetna, who is threatening not to allow new patients to get it, though other patients will be grandfathered in. The stock has dropped 65% on the news. Not sure where it goes from here, but it seems like bad news is all in, and there are actually some potential positive catalysts... I bought at 19.07. They have instituted a dividend, that will be eighty cents annually, or 4.3%.

No comments: