Friday, October 12, 2012

Not So (re)Fine

After a torrid stretch for me, my refining stocks are starting to tank. MPC is 6% off their recent high. HFC has dropped a bit more, down 11% from their recent high. 

My dividend portfolio is hanging n there though. Fr the fourth quarter (thus far) I am up 1.2%, while the Russell 3000 is down 0.7%. I have been aided by PVD going up almost 22% and then my quickie 13% on QCOR (though as of today I would have been better off holding).

My MFI portfolio has been under more duress, as it is now up a mere 4.5% since I started it in mid August versus 2.1% for the benchmark. DLB has been the laggard, now down 10%.

Big game tonight, the Da@@ Yankees against the Birds. Wouldn't it be fun to have a Baltimore Washington World Series with a presidential race as the backdrop?

No comments: