Monday, February 06, 2012

Bought CJES

MFI Quasi Buy

I bought CJES ($17.28) at the opening bell today. It is just so cheap. They had a press release (C&J Energy Services Participates in the Credit Suisse 2012 Energy Summit and Provides Update on Its Hydraulic Fracturing Fleets) saying how all their units (6) were being fully utilized and 2 more would come on line this summer. I think there is selling pressure as their lock-up period of 6 months is coming to a close. I think there is a fair chance they will pop after that. The company I work for was extremely cheap also for the 1st year (we are not all sexy IPOs a al Facebook).

One of my hidden worries on stocks that have a large EE count is whether their pensions are adequately funded. I did see a report that suggested RTN was underfunded (Pension Threat: The Looming Crisis Facing Investors). I will not sell (yet) based on this news, but at their anniversary in June/July I will consider.

No comments: