Saturday, November 28, 2009

Newest Mechanical Stock

The newest stock this week has shown up on both screens: PDLI. It os another of those biopharms that isn't making any money, but is on the list for a one time payment. While these don't feel like MFI stocks, many of them have done well of late such as QLTI, SNTA and ONTY.

Ironically, this is not the first I have ever heard of PDLI. They popped up on a watchlist I had about a year ago when I was tracking Seth Klarman's portfolio. I am too lazy to look up the details right now, but I think he bought PDLI which then spun off FACT. FACT recently then got bought out and Mr Klarman netted a 135% gain on his $28m investment (which was in under a year). Now you know why I watch what he does. Sadly, I did not follow him on that investment, but I did on LINE earlier this year and made a lot of money.

In case you're interested, his most recent purchases are VSAT and ENZN (Unique Strategy Generates Big Returns for Baupost).

No comments: