Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Earnings Trifecta

Happy Veterans Day to everyone, especially those that have or are serving.

I had three of my companies report earnings either last night or this morning. I think I am just one for three, but we'll see what the markets say.

HCKT - They had a great day yesterday, up about 7%, making me up about 62% since I bought them. I didn't think their earnings were all that nifty (The Hackett Group Announces Third Quarter Results and Acquisition of Archstone Consulting), so it could be "watch out below".

WTW - Their report was pretty much as expected, and they tightened their 2009 guidance, but still decent. Never can tell, but I am not expecting anything extreme (Weight Watchers Announces Third Quarter 2009 Results).

WILC - Finally, my non-MFI MFI stock had a stellar quarter (G. Willi-Food Reports NET Income Of US$ 3.1 Million for Third Quarter 2009). If you think about $3m of income and that WILC has a 55m market cap, including 28m of cash, virtually all of it excess, they are a very cheap company. Currently at $5.40, they could easily rise 5% today. They also said the 4th quarter should be as good as this quarter. Hard to believe I got these guys (in part) at 1.48 last year with more shares added at 2.12.

Overall, while my portfolio is moving back towards breakeven, I am not going up as fast as the general market. I looked at my mechanical portfolio and all stocks added since August 1st have underperformed, so it isn't just me.

C'est la vie, at least the stocks are going up.

No comments: