Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Chinese Update

Well, I was right. CHCG earnings were a goose egg and the stock was down 13% yesterday. CSKI was good and they went up about 5%, I thought CEU was good, and they started up about 6% but over the day trickled back to flat. Finally, KHD had a good follow-through day as I predicted and were up another 60 cents.

I did buy a new Mechanical portfolio stock: IDCC. They had just entered the top 30 screen and I liked their story. Here are their stats:



idcc
+ Operating Income After Depreciation 107.55
- Minority Interest - Income Account -
= Income for Calculation 107.55

Diluted Shares Outstanding 43.819

Share Price 23.43
+ Market Cap Calc 1,026.68
+ Preferred Capital -
+ Debt in Current Liabilities 0.59
+ Long-Term Debt 0.54

Cash and Short-Term Investments 429.72
- Excess Cash 429.72
= Enterprise Value 598.08






+ Property Plant and Equipment - Net 10.02
+ Receivables 204.67
+ Inventories -
+ Other Current Assests 83.86
+ Working Cash -
- Accounts Payable 4.50
- Current Liabilities - Other 206.00
= Invested Capital 88.04
Earnings Yield 18%
ROIC 122%

Of course, about 4 hours after I bought them, they lowered revenue guidance for q4 (sigh) as shown here (InterDigital sees Q4 revenue below market expectations). If there is any sort of additional sell off, I will be looking to add to LIWA and UTA, as I thought they sold off too much this week. That will not be a MFI purchase.

Finally, I will shortly be selling my WILC... probably on the next decent volume day as I am up over 200% on them and my year is virtually up - they are in IRA, so taxes are not an issue (yet).

No comments: