Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Feeling Guilty

Today I reversed my decision on Monday to sell CKSW. I need to just follow the rules and stop being a rule buster. CKSW stays until January 2010. I did get it back a dime cheaper, but I'll act in my MFI tacking as if I never sold it.

FRX was the first of my stocks to post earnings today (Forest Laboratories, Inc. Reports Fiscal First Quarter 2010 Earnings Per Share of $0.87). This stock doesn't get much love, I thought the numbers were pretty decent, but they closed flat today. I read the transcript of the earnings call (Forest Laboratories Inc. F1Q10 (Qtr End 06/30/09) Earnings Call Transcript). They made 87 cents per share, this is a company that is building a large war chest of cash. They had $8.56 per share going out of last quarter, and while they didn't show a balnce sheet (strange) I gotta believe they're over $9.00 for a $26 stock.

Tomorrow PFE and CKSW report. Cross your fingers for me.

5 comments:

Homer315 said...

Did the post on the Yahoo board have anything to do with your decision?

Marsh_Gerda said...

I was already 2nd guessing my decision. The post probably pushed me over the top.

MG

Homer315 said...

From reading the release (but not knowing really what the market was expecting) it seems to have been a good move.

I own it myself in two different accounts, and it is already up something like 56% for me since 6/3/09.

Homer315 said...

You should cut "shystering" on the Yahoo boards a check...

Marsh_Gerda said...

I should cut him a check... the move was worth about $4,000 to me.